The Employment Law Practice Group supports employers with the daily struggle of running an effective and efficient operation while complying with an ever-increasing array of federal, state and local laws.
We advise on all aspects of the employment relationship, from the recruiting stage through termination and beyond. We provide practical solutions to compliance issues and employee disputes so that companies can avoid the time, expense and disruption of litigation. When conflicts do arise, we aggressively defend our clients, including in administrative matters and individual, collective, and class action litigation.
The Firm’s expertise in this area includes:
- Wage and hour
- Leave and disability accommodation management
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Employment and separation agreements
- Harassment and discrimination training
- Investigations of alleged work-place misconduct
- Advising on employment decisions, including performance management and termination
- Representing employers in administrative hearings, government audits, arbitrations and litigations
Are You Prepared for New York’s Paid Family Leave Law?
New York’s Paid Family Leave law (PFL) will go into effect on January 1, 2018. Although that date is still several months away, there are things employers can and should do now to prepare.Read full article
Employer Alert – Ban on Salary History Information
In October 2015, New York City employers were banned from asking about applicants’ criminal conviction history during the application and interview process. This required many employers to update their employment applications, interview practices and background check process.Read full article